Daisy's Life

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Ice Ice Baby

Wow, what a day.
It rained last night and it was so cold that the rain froze when it landed. My mom called it an ice storm. So when we got up this morning we found out that the power had been off sense 7:00. It was kind of chilly in the house so my mom made me wear my pink sweater. It was so cold and wet outside that I had to wear my pink sweater and my pink jacket at the same time. Man did I stay warm.

When I went outside to potty I found several big tree branch had fallen off the trees around my house. They were solid ice. I ate a few pieces of the ice before my mom realized what I was doing. She wouldn't let me eat any more though. Mmmmmm, ice.
While I was out to potty I also saw a robin in the icy apple tree in the back yard. He was all hunkered down to stay warm. He needed a pink sweater. I got my mom to take a picture of him because I thought it was pretty.

We finally got power back on around 5:00. I had stayed warm with my mom under a bunch of blankets in the living room though it only got down to 55 degrees in the house. Which is pretty good considering it was around freezing outside. We watched a movie on the portable DVD player that had a battery pack. I was pretty happy when the power came back on. I could finally stretch out and chew on my greenie. I like to chew on it in the middle of the floor so everyone has to step over me.

Wow, what a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home